Friday, August 17, 2012

3 Lessons from So California

We spent time in Southern California last week and I learned three things.

1.   Starbucks bought "Evolution Fresh," a brand of fresh juice, and is already stocking their bottled juices in their California locations.  On the flight out, I read United's magazine story on the new juices and how Starbucks had opened a juice stand in a mall in Bellevue, Washington.  This story has more details.

I saw the juices in the Beverly Hills Starbucks and was excited to see very low sugars in the interesting flavors.  (BTW, we saw Kelsey Grammer in the same Starbucks.)  I am so excited about these juices.  We aren't talking a bottle of apple juice with a smidge of spinach thrown in.  The label tells you exactly what is in the bottle (the green juice has actual green veggies!).  Hope they are in the midwest Starbucks soon.
2.  Men love cars.  I mean they REALLY love cars.  There was a car parked on Rodeo Drive -- a Bugatti -- and every man on the sidewalk stopped dead in his tracks, pulled out his cell phone and begin snapping photos.  For several hours this car was parked in the same space and it was always surrounded by a crowd.  Apparently a Bugatti is the fastest car money can buy (alot of money -- $1 million, I'm told).
3.  Lesson number three: climate matters. I've never been a gal that loves the county fair. Or the state fair.  Or any outdoors-in-August, animal-smelly event for that matter.  But the Orange County Fair was absolutely amazing.  My daughter loved the animals and the rides.  And it felt so good to walk outdoors in the clean, crisp, 70ish degree weather.  (Though I skipped the chocolate-covered bacon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment